Rapid Test Kit QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test Direct Anterior Nasal (NS) Swab Sample 2 Tests
Kit Contains: Two (2) tests Individually Wrapped Sterile Foam Swabs, Individually Packaged Two (2) Single-Use Test Strips Pre-Filled Tubes Tube Holder Instruction Sheet Fact Sheet for Individuals
With pre-filled vials, you don’t have to count drops or risk using too much or too little reagent solution. Once you collect your sample, simply insert the swab into the pre-filled reagent tube, and remove after 1 minute, with results in 10 minutes. Results are easy to read and interpret.
Can be used to test those as young as 2 years and is so simple, it can be performed by those as young as 14 years of age.
Results may help limit the spread of Covid-19 to your family and others in your community.
Product Size: 2 count
Product Weight: 0.28 LB
Box Dimensions: 9 in x 5 in x 1.25 in
- The QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test is intended for the qualitative detection of nucleocapsid proteins from SARS-CoV-2 from individuals with or without symptoms or other epidemiological reasons to suspect COVID-19 when tested twice over two or three days with at least 24 hours and no more than 36 hours between tests
- This test is authorized for nonprescription home use with self-collected (unobserved) direct anterior nasal(NS) swab specimens from individuals aged 14 years and older or with adult-collected anterior NS samples from individuals aged 2 years or older
- Positive results indicate the presence of virus-specific proteins, but clinical correlation with past medical history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status
- Positive results do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses and the agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Individuals who test positive with the QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test should self-isolate and seek follow-up care with their physician or healthcare provider as additional testing may be necessary
- Negative results should be treated as presumptive, do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions, including infection control decisions
- Negative results should be considered in the context of an individual’s recent exposures, history and the presence of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and confirmed with a molecular assay, if necessary, for patient management
- Individuals should provide all results obtained with this product to their healthcare provider for public health reporting
- This product has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens
- The test is intended to be read at 10 minutes; If the test is read before this or is read more than 5 minutes after the indicated read time, results may be inaccurate and the test should be repeated
The test is intended to be used twice over two to three days, with at least 24 hours and no more than 36 hours between tests.
The test uses a gentle self-collected anterior nasal (nares) swab sample to determine a positive or negative COVID-19 result. The swab is swirled in a tube of reagent solution, then removed, before a test strip is inserted. After ten minutes, you can take the strip out of the tube and see your results.